S1000D Authoring Features
SiberSafe S1000D Author Studio is an S1000D authoring environment fully integrated with our SiberSafe S1000D CSDB in a single graphical user interface. SiberSafe S1000D comes with a native built-in XML editor, at no additional cost. SiberSafe S1000D Author Studio supports the following S1000D authoring features:
- Check-out, check-in, versioning of data modules and publication modules, as well as illustrations
- Local file system-based working folder support with online and offline editing options available
- CSS (cascading style sheet)-driven content layout
- Fully customizable user interface where user-defined buttons, menu items and Java Script actions can be easily added.
- Support for all the key data module types, including Descriptive, Procedural, Fault Isolation, Crew, Technical Repository, Learning/Training, Process Module, ACT, PCT, CCT, Check List, Maintenance Planning, Parts List, Wiring and Container.
- S1000D XML schema-driven authoring and validation: only valid S1000D XML elements can be inserted. At any given point in time the content can be re-validated against the S1000D XML schema with any validation issues clearly reported and indicated in the text.
- S1000D XML schema-driven attribute editing
- Change highlighting
- Global Search and Replace for free flow text and regular expressions
- DM/PM reference insertion
- Illustration reference insertion
- Tags on/off view
- Spell checking with inline highlighting, automatic suggestions/corrections and user-defined dictionaries
- CGM illustration rendering
- Automatic CGM illustration hotspot definition table generation
- Automatic in-work number increment
- Up-issue command automatically accepting highlighted changes, resetting the in-work number
- Selection duplication
- Guided element conversion
- Comment insertion
- Inserting illustrations from disk
- Table insertion/rendering/modification commands
Jul 15, 2014
May 20, 2014
A new level of content abstraction has been made possible by adding the S1000D Container DM to SiberSafe S1000D suite.
Apr 15, 2014
SiberSafe S1000D enables greater reuse in S1000D documentation packages by adding extensive support for the Technical Repository Data Module.
Apr 7, 2014
Oct 1, 2013
SiberSafe 7 released featuring new built-in XML editor, small footprint default database engine
Sep 1, 2013
Styler 7 released with major ease-of-use features, a new DITA layout template and powerful tagless XPath context support
What our customers say:
"The unprecedented flexibility of the SiberSafe solution and the responsiveness of SiberLogic’s team help us to successfully manage the conversion of technical manuals into any of the evolving standards of the Department of Defense Community.”
SDI has been using SiberSafe CMS/CSDB for over 5 years to manage and automate its technical documentation development, maintenance and conversion processes. SDI's business is project-driven and every project comes with its own set of standard compliance requirements. SiberSafe has helped SDI to successfully comply with multiple technical publication standards, including S1000D, MIL-STD-2361 and DITA for our commercial and US DoD clients' projects. SiberSafe has tremendously evolved over the years, helping us meet our diverse project requirements. SiberLogic’s technical support and consulting services have helped us meet the project deadlines in our documentation development and conversion projects.
Open Ratings (Dun & Bradstreet) has independently surveyed multiple SiberLogic's customer accounts and gave SiberLogic high marks for its past performance in a number of business related categories, based on the quality of its products and services. Download a copy of the Open Ratings evaluation report from our website
Product Information Line
If you have a specific question about our technology, please call our product information line at 905-761-7334 ext 233 from 9am to 5pm EST.