SiberSafe enables documentation teams to cost-effectively generate the same product documentation in many languages by producing temporary documents that include only the subset of content that needs to be translated. The functions that facilitate translation operations are:
The "Translate" operation in SiberSafe creates a snapshot of the stream when the documentation development is sufficiently advanced for translation to begin. This new translation stream mirrors all the objects from the original stream (files, folders, granularities, etc.). The translation stream does not contain an actual copy of the original objects, but rather a reference to the original objects. This means that SiberSafe can keep track of those objects that have changed both in the source stream and in the translation stream, It also means that creating translation streams is fast, and does not consume large amounts of disk space.
The document in the translation stream starts out as content in the original language. As it is being translated, the translation stream will contain some content in the original language and some content in the translated language. Finally, the translation will contain only translated content.
As a document is being translated, the source document in the original language stream is often still evolving. The challenge is to incorporate the changes made in the original language stream to the translation stream, while preserving all the translation work done to date. The solution is to create another snapshot, consisting of all the objects in the current version of the original language stream, merged with all the translated objects in the first snapshot. This new merged stream will include any content that has changed in the original language stream, along with any translated content that remains the same. The translation team can therefore focus only on content that still requires translation, and never has to translate content more than once.
Because documentation development and translation into different languages often occur in parallel, tracking multiple versions of original language content while matching them with already translated content can become complex. SiberSafe incorporates additional features that allow teams to manage this complexity, such as:
- Reuse of content fragments across different versions of product documents. The SiberSafe Document Composer allows the user to include reusable elements into any part of an existing or a new document.
- Editing of document fragments by multiple users. SiberSafe identifies changes to tracked fragments to determine the need to (re)translate.
- Maintaining the structure of documents in translation streams. No part of a document can be deleted or added during translation. Only content can be changed in a translation stream, not structure.
- Version control. No version of a document is ever lost with SiberSafe. The user can recover any of the previous versions of any document in the repository.
- Searching the repository. Translators can search either current content or historical content. They can find any word that was ever present in their documents, even if they have already replaced this word or phrase in the current version of the documentation.
- Accessing the repository remotely: Translation agencies or freelance translators can remotely access the repository through their web browser. All translation activity occurs in one place eliminating the necessity to manage multiple copies of files. The documentation manager can specify limited access rights for each translator or agency, ensuring that they see and change only appropriate translation streams.
What our customers say:
Open Ratings (Dun & Bradstreet) has independently surveyed multiple SiberLogic's customer accounts and gave SiberLogic high marks for its past performance in a number of business related categories, based on the quality of its products and services. Download a copy of the Open Ratings evaluation report from our website
Product Information Line
If you have a specific question about our technology, please call our product information line at 905-761-7334 ext 233 from 9am to 5pm EST.
Demos/presentationsIdentify which parts of your content need to be translated, to reduce translation costs and time.
TRADOS-based translation support
Demos/presentationsTRADOS and SiberSafe working together to streamline content translation.
SiberSafe XLIFF Content Translation and Update
Flash DemoSee how XLIFF facilitates the content translation, update and review process.
SiberSafe Release Management
White papersHow to address the problem of content management by creating and maintaining multiple content production environments.
SiberSafe DITA Edition
WhitepaperThis document describes the various features included in SiberSafe's DITA solution
WhitepaperThis document decribes SiberSafe's approach to translation managment
Translation support in SiberSafe
WhitepaperSiberSafe tools that streamline the translation of product documentation into different languages.